Saturday, October 23, 2010

adventure is out there

today was a surprise day. i love these kinds of days. emma slept until 8:30 - and that alone was a big plus for starting the day. she was in a fantastic mood and made me laugh all morning. she has also learned how to moo like a cow, which is just about the funniest thing ever. then she had a good nap so i could study for our conference that is coming up this week. i finished my full rough draft for my message in time to pack the fam up and go for a walk at Othello Tunnels, which is one of my favorite places. it is especially my favorite place in the fall when all of the leaves are turning and the air is just cold enough to let you know that winter is coming.  now we are smelling chicken enchiladas cooking in the oven, emma and shawn are playing on the floor and emma is giggling up a storm.

i still pinch myself to make sure that this is actually my life and that is my husband and baby playing on the floor, and there is another little family member crawling up into my ribs as we speak (and that is about as comfortable as it sounds).

i used to watch so many romantic comedies and disney fairytales. they all seemed so full of the right kinds of romance and how a man should woo and capture a woman. who knew that the real thing so could so much better. who knew that the sound of that little girls laugh could hit a place in my heart that i didnt know existed?

all i have to say is that this is my adventure, and today, i am loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment