Friday, January 7, 2011

the wiggles

we have new roommates. have you heard of the wiggles? me? i heard of them when my nephew listened to them a little while ago. but now, yes, now, they are a part of my everyday life. they sing me their "toot toot chugga, chugga, big red car" melodies all day, all night.

i am a classically trained musician. i could have beautiful symphonies running through my head, a bit of mozart or chopin. but no, it is the wiggles, this colorful, and demonstrative band of four men, a friendly pirate (do they actually exist?), a dinosaur that eats roses, and a big dog named Wags.

at night, when i am awake, these are the songs that serenade me.

fruit salad...yummy, yummy....

i have heard that they would play propaganda records in prison camps in order to brainwash the enemy. they should have set them to the wiggles tunes, they are forever etched in my mind.

thankfully the agenda of this team is a little more innocent. and for true confessions, i am starting to like it a little. mostly because emma ADORES them.

so, if you are bored or looking for a good way to get swear words, old rock and roll songs out of your head, or maybe "its a small world". this is my recommendation.

oh one of my favorites is on now "quack quack quack - cockadoodle doo"

yup, you can't make this stuff up.

sigh

1 comment:

  1. I've seen them in person! Just as adorable. Hey when you want a break from the wiggled put on some classical music - it will have a calming effect. Mozart Clarinet Quintet, Ralph Vaughn Williams, Chopin Piano Nocturnes, Mozart Serenades......I'm calmer already.

    ReplyDelete