Thursday, May 10, 2012

perfect timing

There were so many days that i wondered if this day would ever happen. Would I ever know what it felt like to have a little life inside of me? Would we ever hear the sound of pyjama -d feet coming down our hallway?

5 years ago tomorrow - 2 days before Mothers Day - 2 years into our infertility issues - our first adoption fell through. we were devastated. we hoped and prayed for this baby (a beautiful little boy), and for reasons that were beyond what we could see at the time, it just was not meant to be. we left that hospital so aware of our barrenness, so broken and desperate.

and tomorrow, May 11th, 5 years later we are having two little boys. The EXACT date of our heartbreak, God has redeemed and made new.

I used to dread Mother's Day. Well meaning people would make sure I got a rose that they give to moms at our church..."you are a spiritual mom". that is no small thing, i cherish that title. but to have my own baby, to cuddle and raise and watch from infancy on - that is what I wanted. That is what we begged God for.

This year, I will be a new mom of 4. 4 children! Not bad for a lady who thought she may never have one.

And He, in the way that only He can, has pulled out the stops for us. Emma will be 3 in August, Alina turned one in December, and these little men will join us tomorrow. 4 babies in less than 3 years.

I know people think we are crazy (and for the most part I agree), but when you live through 6 years of infertility,  there is not much about having babies that seems too difficult. I am just grateful I get to be a mommy.

So, stay tuned friends, our new additions will be here tomorrow around 10:30 in the morning.

I can't stop smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment