Thursday, February 4, 2010

an inconvenient truth

sorry to steal this title, but it is what came to mind. i realized today that most inconvenience in my life comes from people i love and want to be with. it is inconvenient because i want to do non-people things, like read, or take a nap. when i get over myself i see that wrapped in my irritation is a chance to know people more, make a memory, build relationship. i love reading and relaxing and of course we all need to do it. but at the end of my life, what i won't remember the times i got my way and spent the afternoon on the couch. what i will remember, are the conversations i had, the baby i cuddled, the friends i made, and the time i spent with the people i love.

this is just for me, a little pep talk to help me love interruptions. enjoy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment