Saturday, February 19, 2011

very sweet

i am visiting my family down in mill creek, a little community north of seattle. and i am currently watching emma play with the wii remotes in her own way - more like jump ropes than remotes, but that is a toddler for you. i wish i was as inventive and creative with objects, she can transform their purpose into anything she wants them to be, and she finds everything exceedingly entertaining. no wonder jesus wants us to be like them. as long as she doesn't change it into a noose, i will continue to find it entertaining. she is currently moving toward the noose idea, i will need to keep one eye on her.

so many people wanted to reassure me that i don't look like a grandma, that i thought i should say thanks.  i truly think it is funny, so i am not insulted. but, if i knew how many compliments i would get, i would have said something sooner!

age is a weird thing - for instance, my dad was talking last night about working in the backyard with two "old guys" and i blurted out "that excludes you, or includes you?" which extracted a befuddled look from my 60 something father. "I am not one of the old guys". Hellooo, of course. what was i thinking.

and indeed he is not. and he keeps saying that he is not sure who this "fat old man" is that keeps showing up in all of his pictures.

as i get older, i totally understand that. i am much younger in my mind than i am in my pictures.

but i am glad to be the age i am. i like me much better now than when i was in my twenties and younger. these are the best days of my life. budding wrinkles and all.

but feel free to drop by anytime and tell me i have great hair and don't look a day over thirty, i plan to look younger every year. dressing "age appropriate" is way overrated!

No comments:

Post a Comment