Friday, May 27, 2011

simple little things

it never fails to amaze me how my little sighs, little whispered wishes, not even prayers, just seem to happen sometimes. the other day i was baking (not a habit, let me assure you, although i have been on a banana bread kick lately) and emma was interested in helping. i thought to myself, it would be so fun to find her a little apron so she can bake with mommy.

and i thought the other day (maybe even the same day) that emma is getting bored with her toys, it would be nice to have a few more new things for her so she can occupy herself with something other than plastic grocery bags (as she is doing while i write this - they are not over her head, just in case you were worried that i am not paying attention).

then, this weekend, my dad and gloria came up for a wedding and brought me some hand-me-down clothes for the girls along with a new little stroller, a shopping cart, and you guessed it...an apron just her size.

how does He do that?

and how can i miss it? i am sure i do, too often. but this time, i remembered and i was just so grateful. i love surprises and how fun that God loves to surprise.

then later in the week, i was feeling a little overwhelmed, and out of the blue one of my girls offered to come over on friday to watch the girls. this is what she said "you and shawn haven't been out on a date for awhile, how about i come over so you can go out?".

are you kidding me?? you were thinking about us? you noticed that we haven't been out for awhile? people amaze me.

thanks Lord.  really, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment