Sunday, August 14, 2011

laughing in my sleep

it is crazy when it happens, especially when it happens twice in a week.

i am a bit of a restless sleeper (and i hear my husband and family say "a bit?") i was famous in my younger years for sleepwalking, talking, wandering, bathing - yes it is true, imagine being my parents!

i kept thinking, "oh, i will outgrow it". ummm, still not happening.

in my single years, i would dream that the hotel we were staying in was on fire, so i would wake a room of 3 other girls up in hysterics trying to get them out of the room, while they all tried to gently tell me "um, keri, there is no fire".

if you have followed my blog for awhile, you may remember the night i yelled from my front porch at some young men who were walking by our house in the middle of the night. scroll back if you haven't read it, the story still makes me laugh out loud.

and my husband, dear, sweet, shawn. he never knows what he is going to get when he comes to bed. one night he was woken to me climbing over the top of him so i could go to the bathroom. "keri," says he "why don't you get out on your side of the bed?" "well," says I, "there are creepy men on the other side of me and i don't want to touch them". "ah ha, that clears it all up" he says. of course i was dreaming, and in my dream we were staying in a hostel of some kind and there WERE creepy men on the other side of me. it made perfect sense.

so, this week, twice to be exact, i have been laughing in my sleep. one night, shawn was coming to bed and i was already asleep. i was laughing when he came in to our room, so he is like...."did i say something funny?" but of course i don't answer him, i am asleep. and then, last night, i had a dream that i was at an amusement park with 4 silly girls (who shall remain nameless at this point), we were on those flying swings (you know, the ones on chains that go round and round). they were trying to convince all of their friends to stand underneath us so we could kick them in the head while we went around. you would have laughed too, i know you would have. because they were so serious, and pitching a serious request "just stand there and we will kick you in the head, it will be fine" and then they were incredulous when people would say no.

so, i woke up laughing. and i think i decided today that i must not be laughing enough in the daytime so my mind is trying to make up for it at night. well, mind, stop it. i need to sleep. i hereby declare i will try to laugh more during the day, so i (and my husband) can get some rest.

goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment